Your new company
Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a research-driven, specialty biopharmaceutical group committed to helping people around the world build families and live better lives. Headquartered in Saint-Prex, Switzerland, Ferring is a leader in reproductive medicine and women’s health, and in specialty areas within gastroenterology and urology. Ferring has been developing treatments for mothers and babies for over 50 years and has a portfolio covering treatments from conception to birth. Founded in 1950, privately-owned Ferring now employs over 6,000 people worldwide, has its own operating subsidiaries in nearly 60 countries and markets its products in 110 countries.
Ferring TechOps IT Infrastructure is a newly established team (March 2022) with the overall responsibility to define, pilot, implement, and eventually operate a new greenfield industry best-practice TechOps IT infrastructure. The TechOps Infrastructure team is part of the Corporate Infrastructure & Security organization in Global IT, with team members primarily working out of the Global IT headquarter in Copenhagen, Denmark and out of Lisbon, Portugal. The team consists of highly skilled and experienced individuals who thrives in a team setting and wants to succeed around the same mission.
Your New Role
In your role as a Tower Lead for TechOps Network, you will take up the key role and responsibilities to:
- Executing on the strategy for TechOps Network and Connectivity, incl. defining the vision and setting direction for the technologies within the tower.
- Keeping up to date with new trends within connectivity protocols, dealing with sensitive or data-hungry applications/systems, and connections in the public cloud (edge-to-cloud).
- Primary contributor in the creation of the enterprise roadmap in collaboration with other product owners, development/engineering teams.
- Ensure Network, service availability and performance targets are met.
- Ownership in backlogs as well as refinement of stories and acceptance criteria for the tower.
- Securing collaboration and coordination across towers.
- Ensuring capacity overview and planning and manage resources within own tower.
- Raising issues and opportunities related to collaboration between Ferring and vendors.
- Handling escalation issues regarding tower technology and service delivery.
- Ensuring a meeting setup and ways-of-working around employee wellbeing and development, e.g., department meetings, regular 1-2-1s, year-end meetings.
- Taking responsibility for employee development plans, promotions, bonus, salary negotiations, hiring and retiring etc.
What you’ll need to succeed
- University degree or equivalent in information systems.
- 5+ years of experience leading architects and engineers through successful product deliveries.
- 8+ years relevant work experience within the infrastructure domain with focus on network and connectivity.
- Experience in working with external IT-service providers and in vendor management.
- Experience in industry regulations (GxP, 21 CFR Part 11) is an advantage.
- Experience with ITSM tools (ServiceNow is a plus).
- Must have experience working on large scale projects as well as handling day-to-day operational requests from the business.
- Understanding of the Open Systems Interconnections (OSI) model is a must.
- Understanding of WAN transport systems/services, Telecommunications systems/service, LAN switch technology, routing protocols.
- Knowledge of Multi-vendor hardware like Checkpoint firewalls, BIG IP F5 load balancers & Proxy hardware.
- Understanding of network security.
- Knowledge with Agile Scrum methodology or working within a Safe Framework
- Experience working within regulated industries
- Excellent organizational, coordination, interpersonal and communication skills and experience working in an international team across locations and time-zones
- Fluency in English
What you'll get in return
Do you want to be part of the team to shape and accelerate the transformation of Ferring’s TechOps IT infrastructure? Do you have a proven track record across IT Infrastructure, Security and/or Manufacturing? If yes, then you are the person we are looking for to join our newly established TechOps Infrastructure team. Our mission is to be part of rebuilding Ferring’s TechOps IT infrastructure for the future.
What you need to do
If you are interested in this opportunity, click on “Apply Now” to forward us your updated CV. In case this is not the opportunity you are looking for, contact us to talk about other career opportunities, always in a confidential mode.
I am a Recruitment Consultant at Hays Technology, specialized in recruiting for ERP/CRM. I help professionals in this area develop their careers and ensure organisations are supported by the best talent.
At Hays Technology, we are shaping the future of recruitment. Platform migration, rollouts, systems integration, regulatory changes, data automation and optimisation are all happening simultaneously and fundamental to the way we work. We are surrounded by local and global projects and with markets in considerable change and in that sense we are in contact with the best professionals in this sector. If you are recruiting for your team or looking to take the next step in your Project Management career, talk to us today. We are Hays Technology.