Your new company
Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a research-driven, specialty biopharmaceutical group committed to helping people around the world build families and live better lives. Headquartered in Saint-Prex, Switzerland, Ferring is a leader in reproductive medicine and women’s health, and in specialty areas within gastroenterology and urology. Ferring has been developing treatments for mothers and babies for over 50 years and has a portfolio covering treatments from conception to birth. Founded in 1950, privately-owned Ferring now employs over 6,000 people worldwide, has its own operating subsidiaries in nearly 60 countries and markets its products in 110 countries.
Ferring TechOps IT Infrastructure is a newly established team (March 2022) with the overall responsibility to define, pilot, implement, and eventually operate a new greenfield industry best-practice TechOps IT infrastructure. The TechOps Infrastructure team is part of the Corporate Infrastructure & Security organization in Global IT, with team members primarily working out of the Global IT headquarter in Copenhagen, Denmark and out of Lisbon, Portugal. The team consists of highly skilled and experienced individuals who thrives in a team setting and wants to succeed around the same mission.
Your New Role
In your role as a Senior Architect TechOps Network, you will take up the key role and responsibilities to:
- Ensure that TechOps Network aligns to best practices by staying informed about industry trends and standards, participating in external forums, and collaborating with other companies like Ferring.
- Act as a key contributor in producing clear and well-defined tactical roadmaps for the TechOps Network and Connectivity area, and for some Tech Ops Network solutions in more detail.
- Translate project-specific needs into solutions that will suit those needs, taking into consideration project demands such as resource usage and scalability.
- Identify dependencies and common infrastructure components and assess aggregation methods.
- Ensure that relevant artefacts, e.g., run-books, processes, diagrams, configuration management are created and maintaining ownership of related artifacts.
- Manage the TechOps Network solution lifecycle with Ferring partners, validating those solutions meet design requirements, audit, and validate tools and techniques used by the different partners to maintain our TechOps Network solutions.
- Work closely with both LoB as well as Global IT colleagues in particular project managers, service managers and application managers to avoid redundancy, minimize expenditures and improve overall synergies within the organization.
- Create solutions that support a DevOps approach for delivery and operations of services.
- Ensure that all solutions follow security and compliance controls, including data sovereignty.
- Create proof-of-concepts with outsourcer to demonstrate viability of solutions under consideration.
- Act as Single point of contact between IT applications, business and suppliers for architecture and design purpose.
- Ensure being in control of global network assets needed to operate our Network and Connectivity solutions and aid in managing outsourcer cost.
What you’ll need to succeed
- 8+ years' experience designing, executing, and supporting global Network solutions both from working on large scale projects as well as handling day-to-day operational requests from the business.
- You need to have a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or another relevant field.
- Excellent understanding of Network architectures – with a broad focus of routing, switching, Wi-Fi, NW security, data center, UC, IoT. - MUST
- Visionary on how the future Network should evolve.
- Excellent expertise within SD networks – both within LAN as well as WAN, preferably with Cisco hands-on experience.
- Strong expertise on NW segmentation, SGT, NW profiling. - MUST
- Deep knowledge on Microsoft, Citrix, and Cisco Technologies. (remote access)
- Strong expertise in WIFI design and how to maintain superior end-users experience in a WIFI only setup.
- Excellent general knowledge of networking engineering, including DNS, firewalls, load balancing, incl. e.g., multi-vendor hardware like Checkpoint firewalls, BIG IP F5 load balancers & Proxy hardware.
- Knowledge of best practices for IT operations.
- Experience with ITSM tools (ServiceNow is a plus).
- Understanding of the Open Systems Interconnections (OSI) model is a must.
- Understanding of network security.
- Strong experience working with- and managing Outsourcing providers.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Experience with problem solving issues on distributed systems and critical product service environments.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately with corporate executives and technical teams.
- Knowledge with Agile Scrum methodology or working within a Safe Framework
- Experience working within regulated industries.
- Excellent organizational, coordination, interpersonal and communication skills and experience working in an international team across locations and time-zones.
- Fluency in English.
What you'll get in return
Do you want to be part of the team to shape and accelerate the transformation of Ferring’s TechOps IT infrastructure? Do you have a proven track record across IT Infrastructure, Security and/or Manufacturing? If yes, then you are the person we are looking for to join our newly established TechOps Infrastructure team. Our mission is to be part of rebuilding Ferring’s TechOps IT infrastructure for the future.
What you need to do
If you are interested in this opportunity, click on “Apply Now” to forward us your updated CV. In case this is not the opportunity you are looking for, contact us to talk about other career opportunities, always in a confidential mode.
I am a Recruitment Consultant at Hays Technology, specialized in recruiting for ERP/CRM. I help professionals in this area develop their careers and ensure organisations are supported by the best talent.
At Hays Technology, we are shaping the future of recruitment. Platform migration, rollouts, systems integration, regulatory changes, data automation and optimisation are all happening simultaneously and fundamental to the way we work. We are surrounded by local and global projects and with markets in considerable change and in that sense we are in contact with the best professionals in this sector. If you are recruiting for your team or looking to take the next step in your Project Management career, talk to us today. We are Hays Technology.