Your new company
Financial services company with full international presence recruits Management Controller (M/F) for its Porto team.
Your new role
This position is a member of the Financial Planning and Analysis team with focus on the Operations side of the business (Refunding, Processing & Payments).
The nature of the role includes i) analysing and understand Actual performance, ii) business partner with SVP Operations and Country MDs on matters involving efficiencies and business opportunities, iii) support the forecasting and Budget processes; the incumbent will build trusted relationships with stakeholders and provide financial information for decision making in a timely manner.
What you'll need to be succeed
- Partner with Accounting to understand Actual performance and manage closing process
- Monthly Actuals analyse and report performance to the SVP Operations and Country MDs, including variance analyses versus Budget and Prior Year
- Manage and maintain the budgeting process for the Operations function in collaboration with the FP&A team; this includes maintain and further develop the various Budget modelling tools.
- Business partnering with SVP Operations and team to provide them with relevant financial information in a timely manner to support the decision making of which (list not exhaustive):
- Run various analyses of processing costs, refunding mistakes and payments
- Analyse unsuccessful payments performance and recommend course of actions
- Understand current processes and flows within Operations to be able to challenge and recommend improvements;
- Business partnering with the Country Managing Directors to provide them with relevant financial and operational drivers to support them in the decision making process:
- Analyse and monitor refund costs performance across markets and refund points
- Understand various refunding services from operational and financial perspective to be able to identify financial opportunities through mix management
- Analyse and understand performance ancillary revenues (Forex, Cash Fee) linked with refunding operations
- Support the VP Financial Planning and Analysis and CFO on a number of initiatives linked with Operations
Preferable skills and competencies:
- Strong Excel modelling skills with the ability to handle data in an efficient way, able to identify key business performance drivers and model them via KPIs;
- Good understanding of accounting principles and the dynamics between P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work with large data sets as well as having an “helicopter view”
- Experience in reporting development and knowledge of Hyperion, Smartview, ESSBase would be a plus
- Ability to code in VBA and model in Power Pivot/DAX would be a plus
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Business acumen, with experience in dealing with commercial matters and ability to bring appropriate business responses which generate shareholder value
- Self-motivation with a “can-do” and problem solving attitude
- Able to build and maintain relationships and influence at every level
- Good communication and presentation skills in multinational and multicultural environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Strong prioritisation skills to organise at time intense workload and ability to multitask
Education and qualifications:
- Graduated in Finance or similar subjects;
- Professional finance qualification will be a plus~
What company can offer you
- Ideally 2 to 3 years of experience in similar role (Business Controller/Business Analyst/FP&A) and overall up to 5 years of successful experience in finance within the Blue Chip / FMCG / Big 4 industries with commercial exposure would be a plus (previous experience in accounting is an asset)
You will have the opportunity to develop your career in an international environment and part of a new project
If you are interested in this opportunity, apply now! #1024294